Region IV-A (CALABARZON)
The region is composed of five provinces, namely: Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon; acronym CALABARZON.
Quezon Province Travel Guides - Quezon Province Travel Informations
Quezon Province Climate - Quezon Province Cultural Attractions - Quezon Province Demographics - Quezon Province Economy - Quezon Province Famous For - Quezon Province Festivals - Quezon Province Geography - Quezon Province Historical Attractions - Quezon Province History - Quezon Province Industries - Quezon Province Man-Made Attractions - Quezon Province Municipalities - Quezon Province Natural Attractions - Quezon Province Population - Quezon Province Religious Attractions - Quezon Province Special Interest
How Start a new fantastic life In The Philippines? Learn from EXPAT MANUAL today
Quezon Province Islands Philippines
Quezon Province Religious Attractions
St. Michael the Archangel Minor Basilica
One of the oldest churches in the century, it was first built in 1585 and repaired in 1590 using nipa and palm. In 1600, they used bricks. The church was destroyed by an earthquake in 1743 and later rebuilt and made bigger in 1856. It is located in Tayabas, Quezon
This church was first built in 1640 but was burned during an invasion. Rebuilt in 1642, it was partially destroyed again by fire. During the Second World War, the whole town, including the church, was leveled off by bombings. Reconstruction of the church started in 1979. It is located in Atimonan town proper.
Cathedral of San Diego de Alcala
Its first establishment was in 1582, on its present site. It was transferred to Silangan in the island of Alabat in 1638. It was burned by the Dutch forces in 1665; reconstructed and beautified in 1846. It is known as the biggest and oldest Catholic Church in the province of Quezon. It is located in Gumaca town proper.
Church of Saint Louis of Toulouse
The first church was built in 1593 but was ruined in 1629. The second church was constructed between 1630 and 1640 but was razed by a fire in 1733. The present church was completed in 1738, and its interiors, in 1743. It was partly destroyed during the Second World War and the Philippine Historical Conservation Society completed its renovation in 1966. The church is surrounded by gardens and grottos, and by old stone walls regarded locally as the “quince-quince.” It is located in Lucban, Quezon
Munting Malaguinoan Island
In the smaller of the two Malaguinoan Islands, an image of the Blessed Virgin Mary stands. The image of the kneeling Mary was found out of a growing stone. Every boat that passes near the island pays homage to the image to have a safe journey. It is located in Malaguinoan, Burdeos, Quezon
Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine
The famous “pangkuan” is held every Friday of the week. Many people from the neighboring towns come to Dolores to attend the mass in honor of the Birhen Dolorosa. It is also known for the yearly “Viernes de Dolores” which falls either in March or April. It features the holy Mass and the “Turumba,” a dance praising the town’s patron saint. After the procession, most of the pilgrims proceed to the river or a resort for a refreshing bath of cold water. The shrine is located in Dolores town proper.
Parish Church of Saint Francis de Assisi
The first church was built in 1599. The second church, built in 1965, was replaced by a third in 1641. In 1703, the town was transferred to Lumang Bayan but the earthquakes and floods of 1743 destroyed the church and the town, and caused the people to transfer to the present site. The present church was built in 1748. It is located in Sariaya town proper.
Buhay na Kubol
A cultural practice similar to the Moriones Festival of Marinduque is being observed every Holy Week. It starts with the Boling-Boling Festival before the Holy Week; participated in by residents dressed in soldiers’ attire used during the time of Jesus. The culminating event is the presentation of the 13 Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. It is located in General Luna, Quezon
St. Ferdinand Cathedral
It is located in the heart of Lucena City. Founded on March 1, 1881, the Parish Church of St. Ferdinand, now St. Ferdinand Cathedral, was constructed from May 1882 to July of 1884. On May 24, 1887, the newly built church was gutted down by fire and had to be reconstructed six months after. It is located in Lucena City, Quezon.
Never go on trips with anyone you do not love. Ernest Hemingway
Merienda Philippines Cuisine
Merienda is taken from the Spanish, and is a light meal or snack especially in the afternoon, similar to the concept of afternoon tea. If the meal is taken close to dinner, it is called merienda cena, and may be served instead of dinner.
More details at Merienda Philippines Cuisine
While we strive to present information as
accurately as possible,